If you had seen my room in high school, I think you would be shocked to see how OCD and organized I am when it comes to certain things in my life. When we received our first adoption packet, I thought "OK! So far not too bad!". Once we submitted the first round of our information, we got our second packet...I knew there was tons of paperwork involved, but I felt like I was on the verge of a panic attack when I stared pulling things out of the rather large envelope. Financial info, physical forms, fingerprints, individual study questions and on and on...I wondered how in the world we were going to keep up with all this stuff...The Notebook was born!
Something put my nerves at ease when I saw all the chaos tidied up one (large) notebook...the brown paper sack and chocolate helped as well.
I know I am going to be very OCD about this notebook. I guess this is really the only thing out of this whole process that I have control of. I know what goes in it, how it goes in it and who is gonna look at it. Everything else is beyond my control and as much as I hate it, I know there is nothing that I can do about it. This may be God's way to show me that I need to give control to him. Something I'm not very good at. I know that with everything that happens with this adoption, I can't tidy it up nice and neat, label and file it away...and that is one (out of many things) thing I hope I learn through this process.
No comments:
Post a Comment